What is it about?
A sylvicultural diagnosis consists in a professional opinion on a forest issue, resulting from on-site data collecting. It allows to determine the gap between the current and desired status of the stand.
The sylvicultural diagnosis is also the first step of forest planning activities.
A sylvicultural diagnosis is useful when:
- You have a project in mind, such as:
- To increase the wood volume (yield) that could be logged
- To increase the wooded area quality
- To improve the landscape quality
- To improve the access to your wooded area for recreational purposes
- You want to know more on the current status of your land
- You suspect damages, such as the presence of sicknesses or insects
- You notice that some trees have fallen (windfall)
- You want to assess a treatment previously rendered in your wooded area
Here is what I offer
- An on-site visit
- A written opinion