What is that about?
Urban forestry is a science which studies trees in an urban environment. It is a specific branch of forestry, based on the fact that, in cities, a tree has at once a social, environmental and an economic purpose.
In our language, we say that a tree growing in a city is suffering from stress factors. These factors differ from the ones found in a forest setting. Urban forestry allows us to recognize them, and act on them, in order to maintain the trees in good health.
Whether you are an individual or a municipality, you may have to reach for urban forestry service for a variety of reasons, such as:
- To carry out a tree inventory and a map reference of your wooded area.
- To identify various plant species.
- To determine the species types to reforest or transplant.
- To determine the tree vigour and obtain recommendations regarding lifts or guying.
- To assess the presence of insects or sicknesses.
- To develop a land-use plan for your wooded area.
- To develop a comprehensive preventive tree management plan in an urban or near-urban environment.
- To formulate recommendations, as well as drawings and specifications, related to urban planning involving trees and shrubs.
- To implement comprehensive architectural plans for projects located near shared wooded areas.
Here is what I offer
A variety of services corresponding to your goal, and in any case, you will always get:
- An on-site visit
- A report
- A tracking of your trees over the time